Thursday, April 20, 2006

Ubik by Philip K. Dick

Ubik by Philip K. Dick


Image hosting by Photobucket


This book has been sitting on my shelf for a while. I've been meaning to explore some of Philip K. Dick's books for years now. And it just seemed like it was time. I didn't realize how long ago he wrote. This book was written in 1969. I know, that's not centuries ago, and it isn't ancient by any means. But it is getting close to half a century old. And it takes place in 1992. So at the time it was written by someone trying to imagine the world almost 25 years into the future.


Here's the Publishers blurb:

Philip K. Dick's searing metaphysical comedy of death and salvation is a tour de force of panoramic menace and unfettered slapstick, in which the departed give business advice, shop for their next incarnation, and run the continual risk of dying yet again.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm just a guy... pretty boring over all. Nothing all that special. Frustrated and growing older (I've hit 30, but i think i'm in denial). I work a job, middle management I guess. We are always broke though. Got a wife, and a daughter, love them both more than i've ever found the words to express. I go to church, sometimes. I bike to work, if i get up on time. I like the rain, always. But I have this nagging feeling that there should be more to life than this...