Sunday, April 23, 2006

Myths and Legends of Japan by F. Hadland Davis

Myths and Legends of Japan by F. Hadland Davis

Image hosting by Photobucket

Continuing with my mythology kick....


...and here's the blurb from the publisher


This handsomely illustrated book includes myths of gods, heroes and warriors; legends of Buddha, Benten and Daikoku; tales of the sea and of Mount Fuji; accounts of superstitions and supernatural beings; and much more. 32 full-page illustrations offer compelling images of Buddha and the Dragon, A Kakemono Ghost, The Jellyfish and the Monkey, The Firefly Battle, Tokoyo and the Sea Serpent and other subjects of these enthralling myths. 32 plates. Many useful appendixes. Index. Bibliography.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm just a guy... pretty boring over all. Nothing all that special. Frustrated and growing older (I've hit 30, but i think i'm in denial). I work a job, middle management I guess. We are always broke though. Got a wife, and a daughter, love them both more than i've ever found the words to express. I go to church, sometimes. I bike to work, if i get up on time. I like the rain, always. But I have this nagging feeling that there should be more to life than this...