Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Dream Master by Roger Zelazny

Image hosting by Photobucket

I'm a sucker for vampire books and dream books. If they look even vaguely interesting, or if they look like they might have a new approach to either topic, I buy them. As a result, I've got more than a couple that i picked up on a whim and haven't read yet.

This one for instance was half pushed under the bad and had gathered an admirable layer of dust. Something about the premise seems familiar, but I don't remember anything about the characters or story line. So I'm reading it again.... or for the first time.... I'm really not sure.


Here's the publishers blurb

"His name is Charles Render, and he is a psychoanalyst, and a mechanic of dreams. A Shaper. In a warm womb of metal, his patients dream their neuroses, while Render, intricately connected to their brains, dreams with them, makes delicate adjustments, and ultimately explains and heals.
Her name is Eileen Shallot, a resident in psychiatry. She wants desperately to become a Shaper, though she has been blind from birth.

Together, they will explore the depths of the human mind — and the terrors that lurk therein. "

1 comment:

Johnny Panic said...

yup, I've read it before. it was okay, but not great by any means. Maybe it just made it into the "good" category. But not by much. The ending was forgettable, and you saw it coming from about page 6.

About Me

My photo
I'm just a guy... pretty boring over all. Nothing all that special. Frustrated and growing older (I've hit 30, but i think i'm in denial). I work a job, middle management I guess. We are always broke though. Got a wife, and a daughter, love them both more than i've ever found the words to express. I go to church, sometimes. I bike to work, if i get up on time. I like the rain, always. But I have this nagging feeling that there should be more to life than this...