Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Dream Book by Gillian Kemp

The Dream Book, Dream Spells, Nighttime potions and rituals and other magical sleep formulas by Gillian Kemp
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I picked this book up on a bargain bin again. 30% off 14.95, and I'm a sucker for these little dream encyclopedias. I admit it, most of them turn out to be crap. But I keep buying them anyways. I think I've gotten a little pickier, but I suspect my wife would disagree. When I picked this one up she said "you'll never read that anyway, it will just sit on the shelf."
"nah-uh" I said, summoning all my intellectual powers of retort, "I'll start it tonight in fact".
So I bought the book, and I'm starting it tonight.
Here's the publishers blurb;

"Discover why you dream and the magical meanings behind your sleeping symbols. Learn how to keep a dream notebook, create dream spells and magical sleep formulas, and how to tell the future and make wishes come true. The extensive A-Z dictionary includes updated definitions for the new millennium.

Author Biography: Gillian Kemp has been telling fortunes since the age of twelve and is the author of The Good Spell Book, The Fortune-Telling Book, and The Love Spell Box. Using her experiences as a clairvoyant medium, she is a frequent magazine and cable television contributor in her native country of England.

1 comment:

Johnny Panic said...

I admit, I'm dissapointed in the bok so far. My wife will end up being right. I've read up to the point where it starts defining symbols. So far it has classified dream types. They used broad ill defined classes. The information was introductory at best and carried no weight of authority, but rather felt like someone who sat down and just gave it their best guess from the top of their head.

The best Dream Books I've read find a balance between the scientific and the spiritual. This book has very little of the scientific behind it.

I'll finish it, but I think it's safe to say already that it's not going to be one that I'd recommend.

About Me

My photo
I'm just a guy... pretty boring over all. Nothing all that special. Frustrated and growing older (I've hit 30, but i think i'm in denial). I work a job, middle management I guess. We are always broke though. Got a wife, and a daughter, love them both more than i've ever found the words to express. I go to church, sometimes. I bike to work, if i get up on time. I like the rain, always. But I have this nagging feeling that there should be more to life than this...