Thursday, November 17, 2005

A Feast for Crows

9:07 AM 11/17/2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I picked my autographed copy of A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin last night.
It is the 4th book in the "Song of Ice and Fire" series. It is a fantasy series that follows the lives and deaths of the major houses in the world that Martin has created. Martin's approach is gritty, political, harsh, and sparsely supernatural. His characters are well developed yet expendable at the same time. If you pick up this series, try not to get attached to anyone.

It took me a while to warm up to the series, though by the second book I was hooked. I've been eagerly anticipating this book. I head rumor on the net (I haven't been able to find a sourse) that says this book is actually only the first half of what G.R.R.M. originally wrote as one very very large book. This one alone is 684 pages.

On the one hand, the skeptical hand, that brings to mind Robert Jordans middle books that seemed to barely move in 1000 pages. On the other, optimistic hand, maybe it means that the wait until the fifth book will be very short.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm just a guy... pretty boring over all. Nothing all that special. Frustrated and growing older (I've hit 30, but i think i'm in denial). I work a job, middle management I guess. We are always broke though. Got a wife, and a daughter, love them both more than i've ever found the words to express. I go to church, sometimes. I bike to work, if i get up on time. I like the rain, always. But I have this nagging feeling that there should be more to life than this...