Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Rainy Season by James P Blaylock

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Years ago i was stuck downtown with nothing to read. I'd brought a book. But I finished it. I'd brought my journal too, and thought I'd just write a bit if I finished the book. But I wasn't in the mood to write. So I hit up a local bookstore.

I found a book called All the Bells on Earth by a guy named James Blaylock. I'd never heard of him before, but the opening passage caught me. I picked it up, read it over the weekend, and it has gone down as one of the better contemporary fantasy (or whatever it's being called this week) books i've ever read. It had a golem, a bluebird in a jar that grants wishes, a pastor, and a deal made with someone who may or may not have been the devil himself.

So when I was at half price books a bit back and noticed 3 other James Blaylock books, I picked them up. They've been sitting by my bead for a while. This weekend I decided it was time to try another one. So i started The Rainy Season.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm just a guy... pretty boring over all. Nothing all that special. Frustrated and growing older (I've hit 30, but i think i'm in denial). I work a job, middle management I guess. We are always broke though. Got a wife, and a daughter, love them both more than i've ever found the words to express. I go to church, sometimes. I bike to work, if i get up on time. I like the rain, always. But I have this nagging feeling that there should be more to life than this...